What is Music and Mysticism?
In a relaxed atmosphere of an evening soiree, over tea and snacks we focus our minds on:
1) the laws of vibration and sound that govern the universe
2) explore sacred music of the world engaging in group sonic meditation, a discipline encouraging intense concentration and deep absorption of the sound.
3)topics and locations of each meeting may vary - please refer to the CALENDAR for details.
What is the cost of the class?
There is no tuition. Voluntary donations are greatly appreciated. All donations go directly to the relief fund for an orphanage in Nepal, Bal Sarathi, run by my former teacher Dr. Meena Singh. If you cannot contribute, please join in regardless.
Do I need to be musical to attend?
No, however if you join in the M&M activities such as chanting, rhythmic clapping and raga exercises etc. your level of concentration and musical aptitude will greatly increase.
When and Where?
Thursdays in Madison, MS. See CALENDAR for details. RSVP by 10 am on Thursday. is required. To RSVP prior to your initial attending, please click here. I'll then provide you with the exact location of our meetings.
A few more details….
1) please bring an open mind and a snack to share, if you can. Tea and other beverages will be available. Feel free to come to the refreshments table during kirtan, talk/performance or at any other time.
2) you'll be asked to take your shoes off so please feel free to bring your slippers if you'd like.
3) there is a friendly resident cat here - if you happen to be allergic, please take precautions.
4) Do not hesitate to ask questions at any time.